Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Dartboard

...so I'm in the middle of what is called a "Dartboard Tour". I'm pondering this as I ride across the Texas panhandle in the middle of a 16 hour drive.

Here's where I've been in 3 short weeks:
June 26th - left home
June 28th - Nijmegen, Holland
June 30th - Amsterdam, Holland
July 4th - Denver, Colorado
July 6th - Oahu, Hawaii
July 9th - Redmond, Washington
July 11th - Kelseyville, California
July 12th - Temecula, California
July 13th - Los Angeles, California
July 15th - Mesa, Arizona
July 16th - on our way to Hammond, Indiana.

whew...

I don't even know what time zone or day of the week it is anymore. It is weary, and the work is hard. But I'm very fortunate to have a beautiful family that loves me (which is more than most of us have out here), and be on a great crew that looks out for each other. The band is great, and what I do is pretty rewarding.

There is so much about this that I enjoy, and so much that I don't. Seeing the world on someone else's dime, meeting new people, and mainly just seeing how God is everywhere in all of this. Music, Work, Friendships, Industry, Money. You want a slice of real world, you got it.

But I'm quite inspired. Everyone has a story. I wish we could live our lives hearing and sharing those. I'm constantly reminded of how we all need each other. And how much we have to learn.

We all have a story to tell....let's share.

No comments: